Cboe - Copyright & Trademark Information
All content and images used on this website are owned or licensed by Cboe Global Markets, Inc. (Cboe) or its affiliates. Unauthorized use is prohibited.
© 1995 - 2020 Cboe Exchange, Inc. All rights reserved.
Names, logos, designs, titles, words or phrases in this website may constitute trademarks, service marks, or trade names of Cboe or its affiliates. The following are some of the registered trademarks that are owned by Cboe or its affiliates. These marks are registered in the U.S. and may also be registered in countries around the world.
Bats® (text and design marks)
Bats Global Markets®
Bats Trading, Inc.®
Cboe Global Markets®
Cboe Options Institute®
Cboe Stock Exchange®
Cboe Volatility Index®
Chicago Board Options Exchange®
Direct Edge® (text and design marks)
Direct Edge ECN®
Edge Routed Liquidity Report®
Edge Ticker Plant®
Making Markets Better®
PULSe Trader Workstation®
THE OPTIONS INSTITUTE CBOE (design mark)
The Options Toolbox®
Why buy a stock when you can lease it®
The following are some of the service marks that are owned by Cboe or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally.
Best Execution Assurance Program℠
Cboe Futures Exchange℠
Cboe Innovation Hub℠
Cboe Russell 2000 Volatility Index℠
Cboe Short-Term Volatility Index℠
Cboe/CBOT 10-year U.S. Treasury Note Volatility Index℠
Cboe/CME FX British Pound Volatility Index℠
Cboe/CME FX Euro Volatility Index℠
Cboe/CME FX Yen Volatility Index℠
It's About Time℠
Long-term Equity AnticiPation Securities℠
The Cboe Volatility Exchange℠
The Exchange of Vision℠
The Options Institute℠
Cboe or its affiliates have licensed a number of trademarks that may appear on this website and in materials produced by Cboe or its affiliates. The following are some of the licensed trademarks.
- Standard & Poor's®, S&P®, S&P 100®, S&P 500®, Standard & Poor's 500®, SPDR®, Standard & Poor's Depositary Receipts®, Standard & Poor's 500, 500, Standard & Poor's 100, 100, Standard & Poor's SmallCap 600, S&P SmallCap 600, S&P 500 Dividend Index, Standard & Poor's Super Composite 1500, S&P Super Composite 1500, Standard & Poor's 1500 and S&P 1500 are trade names or trademarks of Standard & Poor's Financial Services, LLC. Any products that have the an S&P Index or Indexes as their underlying interest are not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by S&P OPCO LLC ("Standard & Poor's") or Cboe and neither Standard & Poor's nor Cboe make any representations or recommendations concerning the advisability of investing in products that have S&P indexes as their underlying interests.
- Russell, Russell 1000®, Russell 2000®, Russell 3000® and Russell MidCap® are registered trademarks of the Frank Russell Company, used under license.
- FTSE® and the FTSE indexes are trademarks and service marks of FTSE International Limited, used under license.
- Dow Jones®, Dow Jones Industrial Average®, DJIA® and Dow Jones Indexes are trademarks or service marks of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings, LLC ("Dow Jones"), have been licensed to CME and have been sublicensed for use for certain purposes by Cboe Exchange, Inc. Options based on the Dow Jones Industrial Average are not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by Dow Jones, CME or their respective affiliates and none of them makes any representation regarding the advisability of investing in such product(s).
- The Nasdaq-100 Index®, Nasdaq-100®, The Nasdaq National Market®, Nasdaq®, Nasdaq-100 Shares and Nasdaq-100 Trust are trademark or service marks of The Nasdaq Stock Market, Inc. (with which its affiliates are the "Corporations"). These marks are licensed for use by Cboe Exchange, Inc. in connection with the trading of products based on the Nasdaq-100 Index. The products have not been passed on by the Corporations as to their legality or suitability. The products are not issued, endorsed, sold or promoted by the Corporations. THE CORPORATIONS MAKE NO WARRANTIES AND BEAR NO LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT(S).
- The Goldman Sachs Technology Industry Indexes are the property of Goldman, Sachs & Co. (Goldman Sachs) and have been licensed to Cboe Exchange, Inc. in connection with the trading of options based upon the indexes. Goldman Sachs assumes no liability in connection with the trading of any contract based upon any of the indexes. GSTI is a trademark of Goldman Sachs.
- Morgan Stanley Multinational Index and Morgan Stanley Retail Index (each an "Index" and collectively, the "Indices") are service marks of Morgan Stanley & Co. Incorporated ("Morgan Stanley") and have been licensed for use by Cboe Exchange, Inc. Morgan Stanley does not calculate the Indices, options on the Indices are not sponsored by Morgan Stanley and Morgan Stanley does not guarantee, nor is Morgan Stanley liable in any way for, the accuracy or completeness of the Indices or make any warranty, express or implied, as to the results to be obtained by anyone in connection with the use of the Indices and further disclaims all warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose with respect to the Indices. Morgan Stanley assumes no liability or obligation in connection with the trading of the Index options.
- CME® and CBOT® are trademarks of CME Group, Inc. (CME). Cboe has, with the permission of CME, used the CME trademark in the Cboe/CME FX Euro Volatility IndexSM, Cboe/CME FX British Pound Volatility IndexSM, and Cboe/CME FX Yen Volatility IndexSM, and the CBOT trademark in Cboe/CBOT 10-year U.S. Treasury Note Volatility Index. CME makes no representation regarding the advisability of investing in any investment product that is based on such indexes.
- MSCI, and the MSCI index names are service marks of MSCI Inc. ("MSCI") or its affiliates and have been licensed for use by Cboe Exchange, Inc. Option contracts on any MSCI index ("Index Contracts") are not sponsored, guaranteed or endorsed by MSCI, its affiliates or other parties involved in, or related to, making or compiling such MSCI index. Neither MSCI, its affiliates nor any other party involved in, or related to, making or compiling any MSCI index makes any representations regarding the advisability of investing in such Index Contracts. Neither MSCI, its affiliates nor any other party involved in, or related to, making or compiling any MSCI index makes any warranty, express or implied, or bears any liability as to the results to be obtained by any person or any entity from the use of any such MSCI index or any data included therein. No purchaser, seller or holder of any Index Contract, or any other person or entity, should use or refer to any MSCI trade name, trademark or service mark to sponsor, endorse, market or promote this security without first contacting MSCI to determine whether MSCI's permission is required.
- Rivet® is a registered trademark of DRW Innovations, Inc., used with permission.
- The Cboe Vest Group Inc. ("Cboe Vest") is a majority-owned and controlled subsidiary of Cboe Vest LLC, a subsidiary of Cboe. Certain option and index products, including those proprietary to Cboe or its affiliates may be recommended by Cboe Vest and its subsidiaries from time to time. Such products may trade on one or more Cboe affiliated exchanges, resulting in transaction and other revenues accruing to Cboe.
Trademark Usage Guidelines
Proper Trademark Usage
Trademarks, service marks, and trade names should be used as proper adjectives used
to modify a noun.
Correct: The VIX® Index is a measure of market expectations of near-term volatility.
Incorrect: VIX is a measure of market expectations of near-term volatility.
Trademarks, service marks, and trade names should not be used in the possessive or
Correct: Cboe Options Institute® classes provide training on how to manage risk.
Incorrect: Cboe Options Institutes provide training on how to manage risk.
Unauthorized Trademark Usage
- You may not use Cboe or affiliate owned trademarks, service marks, or trade names except as described in these usage guidelines.
- You may not use Cboe or affiliate owned trademarks, service marks, or trade names in a disparaging manner.
- You may not use Cboe or affiliate owned trademarks, service marks, or trade names in a way that would imply an endorsement, sponsorship, or affiliation where one does not exist.
- You may not register Cboe or affiliate owned trademarks, service marks, or trade names as part of a product name, service, webpage, or company name.
Trademark Notice and Attribution
Distribution within the United States
_______ and ______ are registered trademarks of Cboe Exchange, Inc.
_______ and ______ are service marks of Cboe Exchange, Inc.
Distribution outside of the United States
_______ and ______ are trademarks of Cboe Exchange, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
_______ and ______ are service marks of Cboe Exchange, Inc.