The members of our markets are registered broker-dealers and include a broad range of financial market participants. The diversity of Members on our various markets is essential to the health and vibrancy of these markets.
Following are some examples of the types of members that trade on our markets.
- Automated Market Makers:
- Electronic market-making firms
- Retail brokers directly routing trades to Cboe
- Broker-dealers that function primarily as market makers for retail orders
- Bulge Bracket:
- Large investment banks offering trading and research
- Agency Broker:
- Broker focused solely on agency execution for their customers
- Proprietary Trading Firms:
- Firms that trade for their own account whose primary activity is not market making
- Direct Market Access (DMA):
- Firms accessing our markets via another broker’s connectivity
- Other exchanges, electronic communication networks or alternative trading systems routing trades to Cboe